Enterprise Risk Management
A 2-day essential course for all responsible for implementing risk management practices in their organisations.
Virtual Classroom, 5 and 6 October 2022
Delivery schedule from 9.00am to 12.30pm CET
This interactive course provides a succinct and practical overview of the most topical components of the enterprise risk management framework. Live virtual sessions are structured around the areas of Risk Appetite, Risk culture, Risk reporting, Operational Resilience and Risk Assessments. The course also features an exclusive workshop that explores softer skills and qualities that are instrumental for successful Risk teams; an essential yet frequently undervalued element that is crucial for effective enterprise risk management.
The course is packed with practical tips and hints and guides participants towards implementing processes that add value to the workplace. Each session ends with Make A Difference discussion, where attendees share their take-aways that will make a real difference to their organization. All sessions have been designed to facilitate communication and interaction between participants and the course leader, Elena Pykhova.
As a special bonus, each attendee will receive a copy of the brand-new book authored by Ms Pykhova, Operational Risk Management in Financial Services: A Practical Guide to Establishing Effective Solutions.
Benefits of Attending
- Review how to integrate risk with business strategy
- Structure value-added Change and Risks and Opportunities assessments
- Find meaningful ways to define risk appetite
- Perform risk culture evaluation and create conduct and culture dashboard
- Examine 3-step approach to successful report writing
- Consider integrating Operational resilience with Risk
- Explore softer side: instrumental skills and capabilities of successful risk teams; as well as
- Review case studies and engage via live polls
- Interact with fellow practitioners, benchmark the maturity of your framework with peers
- Develop a plan on how you will make a difference to your workplace following the course
Who Should Attend
This is an essential course for all individuals responsible for implementing risk management practices in their organisations or those interested to stay current and improve their Operational risk solutions, including:
- Operational and Enterprise Risk practitioners
- Governance and Control
- Directors and senior executives
- Individuals responsible for implementing risk management practices or interested to learn more about enterprise risk solutions
Elena Pykhova is an operational risk executive specializing in strategy, design and implementation of firm-wide operational risk frameworks, based in London, UK. She is an experienced operational risk trainer, running public and in-house training courses in the UK and internationally for world-leading venues such as the London Stock Exchange Academy. She is a thought leader, influencer and founder of a think tank, Best Practice Operational Risk Forum. She is the Chair of the Operational Risk Expert Panel for the Association of Foreign Banks and the former Director for Education at the Institute of Operational Risk. Passionate about the discipline, she founded her training and consulting practice after 20 years of experience in senior roles at Fortune 500 companies.
Organisational delivery details
The course will be held in English and delivered via Zoom. The material will be shared after the course has taken place.