Assessing and managing ESG frameworks at board level
A half-day training course in partnership with NEDA.
Virtual Classroom, 11 October 2022
Delivery schedule: 9:30 - 13:00 CET
Sustainability is now central to corporate competitiveness and a company’s continued ability to operate. Consistent with their fiduciary duties the company directors must provide their investors with greater transparency into how the company is addressing environmental and social trends, including meeting changes in stakeholder expectations.
Environmental, Social, and Governance (‘ESG’) concerns, are increasingly positioned at the top of board agendas and challenges, especially at the most progressive companies.
The course objectives include:
- considering the board level input needed to the identification and management of the ESG risks posed by fast moving environmental and societal developments;
- how to gauge and deal with changing stakeholder expectations;
- the ability to integrate ESG risks into the broader Enterprise Risk Management practices;
- how to promote measurement and disclosure of meaningful ESG information which enables management and the board to assess the overall resource needs, effective capital allocation and the resilience and competitive advantage needed by the company.
Who should attend:
The programme has been designed to appeal to the following professionals:
- Board members and Non- Executive Directors
- Aspiring and new NEDs
- Company Secretaries and all those roles supporting NEDs
- CEOs and member of Executive committees
Directors need to act now to recognise sustainability as a fundamental element of their stewardship and fiduciary role within a company.
This training session will provide delegates with a clear view on how to actively engage and provide guidance on ESG integration into a company’s long-term strategy.
Course in collaboration with NEDA - Non-Executive Directors' Association