Financial Statement Analysis - Fundamentals Course
A 4-half-day training course on fundamentals of financial statement analysis.
Virtual Classroom, 23 and 24 - 30 and 31 May 2022
Delivery schedule: 9:30am - 12:30pm CET
This course is designed to explain how financial measures of corporate performance are calculated.
The course covers the basics of financial statement analysis and enables participants to confidently use financial ratios and financial terminology.
This is an introductory level course designed for users of financial reports and accounts who have no prior or limited knowledge of corporate financial information. Participants will also learn how to use a company financial statement to distil the relevant information and how much cash is generated by the business.
Benefits of attending
This virtual classroom has the aim of providing the attendees with:
- Sufficient knowledge to understand the information provided by the Income Statement, the Balance Sheet and the Cash Flow Statement, which is far from being intuitive.
- The capacity to understand the relationship between the three main financial statements, as approaching each one independently provides an incomplete view of a firm’s business model and performance.
- The main and most relevant financial ratios to understand the capacity of a firm to create economic value identifying the risks involved in doing so.
Who should attend
This is an essential course for:
- Junior professionals in the Financial sector
- Junior and Senior profiles in the Non-Financial sectors
- Investor Relations Managers
- Lawyers and Consultants interested in an in-depth session on Financial Statements
Virginia Bombin is adjunct faculty member at IE Business School since 1998. She has extensive experience in developing financial knowledge amongst executives of all levels and backgrounds internationally.
She is also instructional designer and academic director of different bespoke executive programs. She works as advisor for Headspring, a joint venture by Financial Times and IE Business School. Moreover, she mentors executives on 1:1 basis, in a bespoke manner.