Valuation with Prof. Aswath Damodaran
A 4-half-day training course on fundamentals approaches to Valuation.
Like trying to hit a moving target, valuing a company require a dexterity and fluidity not easily taught. Prof. Aswath Damodaran, the foremost authority on valuation and corporate finance, has continually proven not only his aptitude for navigating this complex, theoretical field, but also for articulating its complexities to others.
Prof. Damodaran provides you with several fundamentals approaches to valuation, their advantages and limitations, and extensive examples of each. At the end of the programme, participants should be able to:
• Value any kind of firm in any market, using discounted cash flow models (small and large, private and public)
• Value a firm using multiples and comparable firms
• Analyse and critique the use of multiples in valuation
• Value ‘problem’ firms, such as distressed companies or start-ups
• Estimate the effect on value of restructuring a firm.
Who should attend
The mix of valuation techniques and applications in this training attracts a range of professionals including:
• Equity research analysist
• Heads of business strategy and M&A
• Chartered Accountants
• M&A Analysts
• Portfolio Managers
• Venture Capitalists
Aswath Damodaran is the Kerschner Family Chair Professor of Finance at the Stern School of Business at the New York University.
He teaches the corporate finance and valuation courses in the MBA programme. In addition to being the author of multiple books on valuation, his accomplished teaching has earned him the Stern School of Business Excellence in Teaching Award nine times.
This initiative is powered by IMAA – Institute for Mergers, Acquisitions & Alliances.
Forthcoming edition date: 7 - 10 November 2022 - Book your seat now