Understanding Securities Lending, Repos and the Actions of Short Sellers
A virtual classroom by Academy in partnership with FEAS
This 2.5 hour module explains the economic benefits that can be gained from the lending of securities (bond and equities) and how key market participants – such as funds, market makers and speculators interact with each other for potential mutual reward.
The webinar will include two short session from industry practitioners, who have set up a repo market and a depositary business.
The course, developed in partnership with FEAS, the Federation of Euro-Asian Stock Exchanges, will be be held Tuesday, 28 September 2021, 10:00 – 12:30 CEST and delivered in “live webinar” format and will take place on the FEAS Zoom platform. Academy will send participants the joining instructions at registration completion.
How should attend:
This is designed for:
▪ Head of business development in Exchanges and Depository banks
▪ Regulators (Head of Banking or Capital Markets)
▪ Law firms
▪ Securities settlement specialists
▪ Income and corporate actions analysts
▪ Professionals working within investment banks (sell-side firms)
▪ Institutional investors (buy-side firms, including asset managers and pension funds)
▪ Central securities depositories, custodians, central counterparties
▪ Collateral management personnel
▪ Senior operations management
▪ Risk managers and credit controllers
▪ Legal document negotiators
▪ Accounting and audit specialists
▪ Management consultants
▪ Software designers and engineers
▪ Firms that provide services to the securities industry, including management consultants, data vendors and IT firms.