Certified Post Merger Integration Expert (CPMI)
A virtual classroom powered by IMAA.
Virtual Classroom via Zoom, 11 - 22 March 2024
Delivery schedule: 1.00 pm - 4.15 pm CET
The Certified Post Merger Integration Expert (CPMI) is a tailored program to address the needs of advisors, Human Resource professionals, Project Managers, management consultants, change specialists, corporate M&A and integration teams. The program covers all aspect of the post-merger integration process from planning to implementation. The CPMI program is the only globally oriented Post Merger integration certification in existence and is internationally recognized.
What to expect
The Post Merger Integration program dives deep into the integration issues post acquisition or merger. It covers pre-closing preparation in terms of strategy, synergy identification, and integration planning as well as actually running and implementing the integration in terms of integration governance and project management. Also integration issues and aspects of different core functions, such as marketing & sales, finance, human resources, etc. are covered. Last but not least, there is an additional emphasis on change management in order to make the integration a success.
Whether you are involved in the integration as part of the acquiring or target company or assist clients as a consultant, this program will help you to understand the complexity in integration in its entirety and do a better job in dealing with its complexity.
In the highly interactive course, you’ll take your skills to the next level by practicing:
• Plan for the integration the right way and early on: Connect strategy with integration planning and design during the transaction, due diligence, and negotiation phases.
• Getting the synergies right: Explore and corroborate the various synergies that can be achieved in different functions and the business be it cost and/or growth synergies and how to realize them.
• Succeed with Change Management: Learn from our experts how to successfully implement the changes needed to align your goals, bringing organizations together and making the integration a success.
The CPMI program is structured in four modules based on IMAA CPMI Framework and Body of Knowledge for Mergers & Acquisitions:
• Essentials of M&A
• Integration Governance & Project Management
• Function Integration
• Culture & Change Management
Hold an academic degree (e.g. PhD, JD, DBA, MBA or Bachelor Degree); and/or hold one or more professional designations (such as CPA, CFA, CAIA, SHRM-CP or equivalent)
Who should attend
The Post Merger Integration programme has been designed for participants that would like to dive deep into integration issues before and after closing a transaction. It is frequently attended by participants from corporate acquires – from all layers of the corporate hierarchy or departments – management from portfolio companies owned by private equity firms, and management consultants.
After successfully completing the course, you will receive the CPMI Charter. The CPMI designation is the most internationally recognized designation offered in the field of Post Merger Integration. This charter signals to peers, clients, employers, and other professionals that you have completed the most comprehensive PMI education program available and are proficient in all areas of the mergers and acquisitions process.
The training session is structured in four modules, will last 2 weeks and will be held from Monday to Friday.
What is included
• Interactive virtual classroom
• Soft copies of the presentations
• CPMI Charter and Designation upon completion
• First year of IMAA Annual Membership Fee
• Access to the entire IMAA e-Library
• Continued Education / Continued Professional Development: 10 hours bi-annually of relevant online or onsite education provided by IMAA (online CE/CPD included in the annual membership fee).
This course is powered by IMAA - Institute for Mergers, Acquisitions and Alliances.