Assessing and managing ESG strategy at board level
A half-day course in collaboration with NEDA.
Virtual Classroom, 31 January 2023
from 9.30am to 1.00pm CET
Sustainability is now central to corporate competitiveness and a company’s continued ability to operate. Consistent with their fiduciary duties the company directors must provide their investors with greater transparency into how the company is responding to a broader range of environmental and social trends, against a backdrop of higher stakeholder expectations.
Environmental, Social, and Governance (‘ESG’) concerns, are increasingly positioned at the top of board agendas and pose both strategic and risk management challenges, especially at the most progressive companies.
The course objectives include:
▪ considering the board level input needed to support the identification and management of the ESG risks posed by fast moving environmental and societal developments;
▪ how to gauge and deal with diverse stakeholder groups, including very active regulators;
▪ the ability to integrate ESG risks into the broader Enterprise Risk Management practices and procedures; ▪ how to promote the measurement and disclosure of meaningful ESG data and information which enables management and the board to assess areas such as: the overall resource needs; effective capital allocation; resilience demands and the level of competitive advantage afforded to the company.
Who should attend
The programme has been designed to appeal to the following professionals:
▪ Board members and Non-Executive Directors (‘NEDs)
▪ Aspiring and new NEDs
▪ Company Secretaries and all those roles supporting NEDs
▪ CEOs and member of Executive committees
Directors need to act now to recognise ESG related areas as a fundamental element of their stewardship and fiduciary role within a company.
Isabel Ucha – CEO
Louis Cooper – CEO
Non-Executive Directors Association
Dr Carol Bell – NED and Board Member
The course, in “live webinar” format, will take place on the Academy Zoom platform.
The course material will be provided to the delegates in pdf format the day after the course has taken place.
Certificate of attendance
The certificate of attendance will be sent in digital format after the end of the course.